Friday, January 8, 2010

Nailness

Well, as promised I did some sweet, easy (ish) nails. However I can't find my friggin camera. So, I shall continue the hunt, and if all else fails, I'll edit this post later to add webcam pictures (even though they stink). Anywho, shortly (hopefully) you will see them. Basically, I did a 3/4 and 1/4 reverse dot nail with sparkles (man, that sounds so much more complicated than it actually is lol). I put on 1 coat of For Audrey by China Glaze (the pretty blue seen below), then I painted the top 3/4 with OPI Ink by...well OPI obviously. After eating a bowl of honeycombs for lunch (shoosh!) I took a toothpick and put small dots of For Audrey on top of the OPI Ink on the top of my nails. Then I took another toothpick and did three dots of OPI Ink on the bottom (on top the the For Audrey). After all this I decided I needed some sparklies, so I put a defining line of silver glitter on the line between the Ink and For Audrey. Due to the glitter and my current lack of seche vite (tears of sadness) I had to put on 2 coats of topcoat. Now, let me remind you, I'm not a professional nail art person. I'm just me, and I'm well....messy. So, yes, I did have to spend 20 minutes cleaning up with q-tips, and no, they are no where near perfect. But I feel the flaws lend a sense of personality *cough cough*. the polish colors are below and (hopefully) I'll have pics of the nails themselves shortly.
OPI Nail Polish OPI Ink...





No comments:

Post a Comment