Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Absolutely Alice - OPI's 'Alice in Wonderland'

*by Heather*  
Hello fellow nail fans!  I'm here for my first ever blog post to show you the lovely lovely aspects of Absolutely AliceAbsolutely Alice is the sparkly blue nail polish in the newest OPI Collection Alice in Wonderland.

While Liz (the creator of this blog) tends toward bright zany colors, I am particularly drawn to the blues and purples in nail polish land....so much so that when I first saw this color I *KNEW* it had to be mine.   As you know by now, Liz and I couldn't get our hands on this collection for a week after it came out - it was tragedy, let me tell you!

 Anywho, I could go on and on about the awesomeness, but I'll show you instead.  Be warned, however.....I am not the best photographer ever...and the long nails that Liz talked about previously have been cut, so I don't maim anyone. ;)


This picture is pretty true to the absolutely magnificent color of Absolutely Alice.  Isn't it amazing?  I drooled all over myself, I think.  Oops.


 



Gold flecks of happiness!  *squee*  This color is, essentially, Alice - the blonde of her hair with the blue of her dress, in one amazing polish.  


Okay.  Technical details.  The polish itself is basically a blue polish, with a TON of glitter, both blue and gold.  As with Mad as a Hatter, if you don't do glitter, this polish is not for you.  It took 3 coats to achieve the look you see here, with an extra top coat (courtesy of Seche Vite).  Surprisingly, the oopsies on the sides of my nails were easy to erase.  Generally, in my experience, glitters are the worst at clean up, but this one wasn't bad at all.

Overall, I have to say that this is quickly becoming a favorite of mine, and looking at it makes me smile.  It's a happy polish!  Totally perfect for those 'I need to feel good about myself and be pretty at the same time' days.

I'll be back soon, as I recently purchased Essie colors for the first time, and I'll tell you all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment